Samir Becic is a world-renowned health and fitness expert. He is the “Fitness Czar” of Houston as proclaimed by Mayor Sylvester Turner. He is the author of the HarperCollins book ReSYNC Your Life, founder of Health Fitness Revolution Mag
From 2000-2008, Samir worked for Bally Total Fitness as the fitness director of the largest fitness facility in the entire United States. During that time, Samir quickly established himself as a world leader in health and fitness, receiving the prestigious title of “#1 Fitness Trainer in the World/US” four times.
In 2009, Samir started ReSync Enterprises, a company which provides health and fitness education seminars to corporations, the media, and community organizations using his celebrated ReSync Method.
Samir used his extensive knowledge of health and fitness to found Health Fitness Revolution in 2011. Health Fitness Revolution is a non-profit movement headed by the Samir Becic Foundation 501(c)(3) that aims to spread the message of health and fitness throughout the world in order to prevent disease and improve quality of life.
Health Fitness Revolution Magazine launched in 2013 and has achieved remarkable international success. Major media outlets- the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Focus Magazine, Huffington Post, to name just a few- use Health Fitness Revolution as a trusted source of information on everything related to healthy living. Health Fitness Revolution Magazine has also been credited as the first source to emphasize fitness and health in politics, religion, and education.
In 2013, the magazine published the first-ever list to feature the fittest world leaders and heads of state. The list has since become an annual tradition, with each rendition attracting international media attention.
At this time Samir also developed a health and fitness program for Joel Osteen’s Lakewood Church, the largest church in the United States.
In 2014, Samir worked with several homeless organization in Houston, providing them with health and fitness programs and creating a campaign titled “Walking out of Homelessness“.
In 2017, in order to create awareness about morbid obesity, he lived for 6 weeks in the body of a morbidly obese person by wearing a 200 lbs weighted vest. At the end of the 6 weeks, he wore the vest for a 3-mile walk around Memorial Park.
On October 31st, 2017 Samir released his book ReSYNC Your Life by one of the largest publishers worldwide, HarperCollins Publishers. It reached #1 Amazon Kindle bestsellers list in the Health & Fitness, Healthy Living, and Wellness categories.
2018- present: Samir continued his mission to raise obesity awareness by running 7 marathons in 8 weeks wearing extra compressed weights equivalent to a 73.5 lbs weighted vest. This extreme fitness challenge was the first of its kind in the world.
On November 1st 2018, Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner proclaimed Samir the “Fitness Czar” of Houston, the 4th largest city in America. He is currently working on several large-scale health and fitness initiatives.
- He regularly participates in fitness events throughout the city.
- Motivates and educates the 20,000 city employees to live healthier.
- Visited the Houston Police academy to discuss cadet training.
Health Fitness Revolution Magazine
- Reached 12 million readers.
- Was published in over 50 countries.
- Over 350,000 Houstonians visited the online resource in 2019.
After the success of his first book “ReSYNC Your Life”, he has been working on its anticipated follow-up.
Samir averages 100 seminars and health and fitness events annually.
He is currently the most followed fitness expert in the world by the media on LinkedIn with over 3000 journalist connections.
- Fitness Guru for the city of Houston proclaimed by Mayor Sylvester Turner
- Named the “Best Fitness Trainer in the World” by two- time NBA Championship coach and Olympic gold medalist Rudy Tomjanovich
- “#1 Fitness Trainer in the World,”- 4 times by Bally Total Fitness
- #1 Fitness Trainer in Texas,”- 22 times by Bally Total Fitness
- #1 Fitness Trainer in Houston”- 29 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “Best of the Best Fitness Trainer”- 2 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “Best Fitness Director”- 2 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “Men’s Journal Top Fitness Trainer in America”
- “Houston Health Warrior” by Health & Fitness Sports Magazine
- “The Motivator” by the Houston Chronicle