This is Rudy Tomjanovich’s year! The long-awaited NBA Hall of Fame Class of 2020 is finally being honored, a year past the original time it was supposed to take place. This is of course due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic that has ravaged the United States.
At last, the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame will no longer underestimate the accomplishments of a true champion. Houston Rockets and NBA Legend Rudy T is finally getting the accolades he deserves from his epic and history-making career as a basketball player and then coach by being named into the 2020 Hall of Fame Class. As the Houston Chronicle aptly said of the announcement “Perhaps the greatest Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame class ever has its coach.” And we couldn’t agree more!
HFR founder Samir Becic (and longtime friend to Rudy) will be attending the Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony at the Mohegan Sun on May 14-15 in support of this momentous occasion. Samir is proud of Rudy, who has deserved this honor for a long time. “Congratulations my Balkan brother, you deserve this honor twice over! Balkans are proud of you” said Samir.
My Balkan brother, my friend, and mentor. He is a gentleman with the heart of a champion. He’s also a coach extraordinaire! But above all, he is a person who wishes greatness for humanity. pic.twitter.com/W1PPQsXYxS— Samir Becic (@SamirBecic) April 28, 2021
Along with Rudy T, the Hall of Fame 2020 class also includes the late 18-time NBA All-Star and five-time NBA champion Kobe Bryant, 15-time NBA All-Star and three-time NBA Finals MVP Tim Duncan, 15-time NBA All-Star and nine-time NBA All-Defensive First Team selection Kevin Garnett, and four-time National Coach of the Year Eddie Sutton for the men’s committee. The Class of 2020 will be enshrined at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Connecticut. More than 50 Hall of Famers are expected to be in attendance for the ceremony, including all presenters.
The 2020 Hall of Fame Inductees and Presenters:
- Patrick Baumann, presented by Russ Granik (’13), Vlade Divac (’19)
- Kobe Bryant, presented by Michael Jordan (’09)
- Tamika Catchings, presented by Alonzo Mourning (’14), Dawn Staley (’13)
- Tim Duncan, presented by David Robinson (’09)
- Kevin Garnett, presented by Isiah Thomas (’00)
- Kim Mulkey, presented by Michael Jordan (’09)
- Barbara Stevens, presented by Geno Auriemma (’06), Muffet McGraw (’17)
- Eddie Sutton, presented by John Calipari (’15), Bill Self (’17), Sidney Moncrief (’19)
- Rudy Tomjanovich, presented by Calvin Murphy (’93), Hakeem Olajuwon (’08)