Samir Becic, a renowned health and fitness advocate, has been awarded a President’s Lifetime Achievement Award by President Joe Biden for his decades-long commitment to promoting health and physical fitness in America. This prestigious honor, granted by the President of the United States, acknowledges exceptional volunteer efforts by individuals who have dedicated their lives to the betterment of society.
In the letter, President Joseph R. Biden writes to Samir “On behalf of the American people, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to you for your volunteer leadership, and I encourage you to continue to answer the call to serve. The country is counting on you.”
Becic founded the Samir Becic Foundation, a nonprofit organization dedicated to fighting obesity and promoting healthy lifestyles. He also founded Health Fitness Revolution magazine in 2013. Under Becic’s leadership as CEO, Health Fitness Revolution has reached over 16 million directly (and hundreds of millions of people worldwide through republishing of HFR’s articles), with content translated into more than 50 languages and published in over 70 countries. Becic has spearheaded initiatives with schools, corporations, and non-profit organizations that aim to make communities stronger, fitter, and healthier.
Samir’s love for America runs deep. He has garnered an incredible amount of accomplishments under his belt (here is his full bio). Becic’s dedication to promoting health and fitness earned him the position of Official Fitness Czar for the City of Houston, as proclaimed by Mayor Sylvester Turner in 2018. Becic’s impact on the health and wellness industry has been significant, and he continues to inspire and motivate individuals and communities to lead healthier and more active lifestyles. He has worked with different organizations to promote health and fitness nationally, and he is always ready to give back to this great country.
In addition to his advocacy work, Becic is also an accomplished author, with his book “ReSync Your Life” published by HarperCollins. He has also been recognized with numerous awards for his work, including being named “#1 Fitness Trainer in the World” four times by Bally Total Fitness and “Best Fitness Trainer in the World” by two-time NBA Championship coach and Olympic gold medalist Rudy Tomjanovich.
On January 10th, 2023, Mayor Sylvester Turner and the 16 City of Houston Council Members proclaimed the date as the official “Samir Becic Day” in the City of Houston.
“I am deeply honored to receive the President’s Lifetime Achievement award and humbled to be recognized among the outstanding individuals and organizations who are making a positive impact in our nation,” said Becic. “Health and physical fitness advocacy has been my lifelong passion, and this award is a testament to the power of grassroots efforts to enact real change. Thank you, President Biden, for this great honor. God Bless America, the greatest nation in the world.”
Becic has over three decades of experience as a fitness professional, motivator and advocate. Becic also frequently provides expert commentary in the media and has been featured in hundreds of media outlets including CNN, The New York Times, LA Times, Houston Chronicle, Refinery29, Washington Post, Politico, and Men’s Health, among many other national and international media outlets.
The President’s Volunteer Service Award program was established in 2003 to recognize the important role of volunteers in America’s strength and national identity. The Lifetime Achievement Award is the highest honor and is given to select individuals who have committed their lives to societal improvement.
Having volunteered over 10,000 hours, Samir’s decades of advocacy and outreach epitomize a lifetime of impactful service and making communities stronger through the power of health and fitness.
Here are some of Samir’s incredible accomplishments that led to this well-deserved honor (you can also read his full bio here):
- May 2023 President Joe Biden awards Samir Becic with a Lifetime Achievement Award for his advocacy of health and physical fitness in America
- January 10th, 2023 proclaimed as the official “Samir Becic Day” by Mayor Sylvester Turner and the 16 City of Houston Council Members for Samir’s advocacy of health and fitness in America
- November 1st, 2022 proclaimed as the official “Samir Becic Day” by Mayor Sylvester Turner for Samir’s service during his 4 years as the official “Fitness Czar” for the City of Houston and 20 years as a health advisor to previous Mayors
- Official Fitness Czar for the city of Houston as proclaimed by Mayor Sylvester Turner in 2018
- Named as a Top 40 “American Dream” immigrant in Houstonia Magazine
- Chosen among the Top 6 “American Dream” immigrants for a collaborative panel between Interfaith Ministries and Houstonia Magazine
- HarperCollins published author of the book “ReSync Your Life”
- Founder of Health Fitness Revolution Magazine
- Founder of the Samir Becic Foundation
- CEO of ReSYNC Enterprises
- Named the “Best Fitness Trainer in the World” by two-time NBA Championship coach and Olympic gold medalist Rudy Tomjanovich
- “#1 Fitness Trainer in the World,”- 4 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “#1 Fitness Trainer in Texas,”- 22 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “#1 Fitness Trainer in Houston”- 29 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “Best of the Best Fitness Trainer”- 2 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “Best Fitness Director”- 2 times by Bally Total Fitness
- “Men’s Journal Top Fitness Trainer in America”
- “Houston Health Warrior” by Health & Fitness Sports Magazine
- “The Motivator” by the Houston Chronicle